BLS for Healthcare Provider (BLS Provider Certification)
$55/INITIAL & RECERTIFICATION
CPR for Medical Professionals & Healthcare Students. BLS Provider Certification Classes meets CPR requirements for healthcare p rofessionals and students such as nurses, doctors, EMTs and other health related providers.
- Same day cards*
- Multiple convenient locations around Indianapolis & Central Indiana
- Dependable and convenient class times
- High quality and innovative training equipment
- Complementary email reminders of upcoming expiration
- Guaranteed satisfaction
The Basic Life Support Provider course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life threatening emergencies that could occur in their work environment. This video based course ensures consistent instruction which includes instructor led hands on practice to reinforce skill proficiency.
Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios based on your practice type and location. Students complete BLS skills practice and skills testing and a written examination
Topics covered in the BLS CPR Course include:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care
- Critical Concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children, and infants
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children, and infants
- Differences between adult, child, and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask ventilation techniques for adults, children, and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children, and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children, and infants
- An introduction on how to perform CPR with an advanced airway
How do I prepare for the Healthcare Provider CPR Course?
You are strongly encouraged to review the BLS for Healthcare providers student manual. You can also visit our resource page here.
Where can I buy a BLS CPR Student Manual?
SMRT Indiana sells AHA books for your convenience. Shipping is included in the price. Click here to purchase.
Do you cancel classes due to low registration?
No, we understand that when you register you expect your certification needs to be met. We do not cancel classes due to low registration.
Does everyone get their own manikin to practice with during the course?
Generally speaking we bring manikins that will be used by two students throughout the course
How long is my BLS CPR card valid?
Upon successful completion of the course your card is valid for two years.