CLAIMING & VERIFYING AHA ECARDS
Beginning January 1, 2018, AHA Training Centers will begin transition to ecards for the issuance of course completion cards to providers and students who successfully complete the requirements of AHA courses.
Please follow these instructions to claim your eCard:
eCards are distributed during normal business hours. SMRT Indiana makes every effort to issue cards same day as the course but it may take 12-24 hours. Night and weekend classes will haver their eCards issued the next following business day. You can download the below instructions here.
Employers are only able to verify your card if you have completed the below steps.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link inviting you to claim your eCard online. If you do not receive this email, please check your Spam or Junk folders prior to alerting your Training Center or Instructor. To try to prevent the email from being marked as Spam or Junk, please add the email address, eCards.heart.org, to your Address Book or Contacts in your email server.
- The link within the email will direct you to the Student Profile webpage, which will be prepopulated with your first name, last name, email address, eCard code, AHA Instructor name, and Training Center information. Adding your phone number is optional. Please check that this information is correct. If it is not, please contact the Training Center directly.
- Once you have confirmed that your information is accurate, you will set up a security question and answer to access your eCard(s) in the future.
- After setting up your security question and answer, accept the terms and conditions of the site and click “Submit.”
- You will be directed to fill out a brief survey about the AHA course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help improve the quality of future AHA trainings.
- After you complete the survey, your eCard will be displayed. You will have 3 options to view or print it: 1) Save as PDF: Upon choosing your preferred size to view, you can save your eCard to your computer for future use. 2) QR Code: For students with a QR code reader, you can access your eCard on a mobile device as needed. 3) Printing: Your eCard can be viewed as a PDF and can be printed either wallet size (2.5” x 3.5”) to be cut out or full size (8.5” x 11”) for easy ling.
Please note that if you do not claim your eCard, you will not be able to show proof of course completion to your employer. If your employer requires proof of completion, you can email them a copy from the eCard landing page.
After you have accessed your eCard, you will receive an email from the AHA confirming that your eCard has been claimed. You should save this confirmation email for your records.
You can view your eCard online through the AHA’s website, www.heart.org/cpr/mycards, at any time. Simply enter your first and last name and email address, or the eCard code found on your eCard. Your employer can verify your eCard at www.heart.org/cpr/mycards to confirm issuance by a valid Training Center and Instructor aligned with that Training Center. Employers are only able to verify your card if you have completed steps 1-5.
Please read the following
eCards reduce the risk of counterfeits, improve the efficiency of card management, ensure the identity of the issuing TC and Instructor, and allow students to store proof of their course completion electronically.
Upon completing the course, students will receive an email that will guide them through claiming their eCard. Employers are only able to verify a student's eCard if the student has completed all the required steps. You can view the students instructions on how to claim their card here.
Once all steps are completed, students will be able to save, print and email their eCard.
As an employer you can verify the students eCard by visiting https://ecards.heart.org/student/myecards, select the "Employer" tab and enter the students eCard Code from their eCard to confirm.